Tuesday 19 April 2011

Say oui to Winter! Get me a fix Harvey Nics press day






I liked Mary Katrantzou's printed silk dresses when she first came out but now I'm officially in love with her stuff, this dress is made of some similar material as the Cacharel jacket I came across at Village Press, it feels like the dress is the canvas and the genius has just finished her masterpiece.



Sometime you just won't understand why some designers are so popular until you see the actual garment, right Louise Gray?


These Felicity Brown are some amazing wearable sculptures.


Kirkwood ditched his signature heels into jaw dropping 7'' wedges, joining Nina Ricci, and Balenciaga for some GaGa-esque footwear family, LOVE.

I seriously am gonna save up for these Phillip Lim because they walked out from my dream!


One of the most exciting press days in town is Harvey Nichols without a doubt. I'm not a frequent visitor of department stores since I can't afford pretty much anything and I've got a little phobia against department stores. However I knew Harvey Nics' press day is not going to let me down, knowing they've got some beautiful award-winning windows which pretty much demonstrate how daring their approach to fashion, having their range stocked with labels like Felicity Brown, Mugler and Lucy in Disguise, Harvey Nic's won my heart yehh. It's amazing how they arrange the garments not by brands but by colour, style and perhaps theme? It seems winter is never just muted tones to Harvey Nics, Bright blue Jil Sander with orange Dries van Noten, mad palettes in Louise Gray, fox print dresses by We are Handsome, perhaps this is the first time I know how important having a good buyer in the store. The press day was quite a blast and definitely made my day!

posted by Nieki
X

No comments:

Post a Comment